Wednesday, March 24, 2010

There's a first time for everything....

and this is a first post on my first photo blog ever. I can only imagine that it could start with a summary or explanation of sorts to let everybody know why I do photography, why I like the styles I do, etc, etc. The problem with that idea is that it would take a long time and I am notorious for rambling. Soo, that being said, I suppose it's smarter to introduce you guys to my styles and passion for photography as we go.

In short, I massively enjoy photography, though it's mostly a hobby at this point. My father bought our family a camera when I was about 15 and I've never really looked back. I've had a few minor publications and I'm currently submitting works to magazine and photo contests just for the fun of it. We shall see where it goes.

Mostly I'm doing this blog for fun. I can upload as many pictures as I like to websites like Flickr, but photography is a much more intimate thing for me. I sometimes like to discuss a photo, or tell a story with it, and I don't like the disconnect that a basic photo hosting site provides. I often look at photos and wonder what the backstory is, so that's where a personal blog started to feel like the right choice for me and my photos. Hopefully you all enjoy taking this little journey with me. I've got to pick out my first photo and there will be a blog for that as soon as I can update. :D

3 comments:

  1. I love the emotion that your pictures hold. It's like I'm seeing things through your eyes and heart. You are so talented. I can't wait for more. Huggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Steph. :D I might try and post another blog tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with Stephanie...you really are putting your heart and your soul on here, and it is such a beautiful thing, matey. You are a beautiful soul, and I appreciate you putting it up here for other people to truly be touched. We love you, never forget that. I wish I was half the beautiful person you truly are. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete