Monday, August 2, 2010

Framed Prints

Hello! Long time, no blog. Things have been crazy for me lately, but I have something fun that everybody can start to participate in. :D


As some of you have heard, I have started to browse through some of my shots in an attempt to sort and possibly print and/or frame some of them. My ultimate goal is to start getting some work framed or at least matted, and then possibly attempt to get them hung in local businesses. Just to get my work out there would be nice. To get it seen outside of this blog, facebook, or flickr would be great. I love living in this city and would love to possibly get a professional looking portfolio together and see where it goes. :D

So, I'm going to share a few photos in this post. If you guys would be so kind as to tell me which ones you think would be great framed, I would be ever so grateful. I take so many photos, sometimes it's hard to start sorting through them, and I'm very guilty of looking through my photos and second guessing them and never letting half of them see the light of day. I'm striving to be more open so I can get more feedback and see where it takes me. So here goes. I hope you enjoy looking through them and choosing your favorites. :D







4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! 2 and 4 are my faves if I have to choose. I have a hard time choosing cause I love them all. I like the color in four. I would love to have a print of that myself.

    I like the ripples in 3 and the little duck is so cute. In 2 I love how you caught the cat peering through right at you.

    They are all so great, Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph! 2 has a special backstory. That is my cat Pollux who I (and now my sister) have had for a very long time. We raised him from being a teeny, tiny newborn into this gorgeous cat that he is now. That photo was taken at my old house in Oklahoma, and that swing was a very old porch swing that he just loved to sit on all day. The neat thing about that house was that my mother had spent loads of time in it growing up and my great-great grandmother lived in it for many years until she passed away. My parents bought the house to keep it in the family, and it was my rent house for a long time. So the house, the porch swing, they all had very significant meaning already, and now I have somewhat immortalized it in this photo with my Pollux. So it all lives on in a way. :)

    If you decided you definitely want a print of anything, just let me know and I'll get one to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristen! Just a thought: Have you considered starting an account on Etsy.com? I have fallen in love with a couple photographers who sell prints on that website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have considered it before! :D Every time I think I'm going to make time to just get it all set up and running, something else gets in the way. I have some days off coming up though! :D

    ReplyDelete